Getting in shape after the holidays: 6 steps to put in place
Vacancy returns are always difficult. Life resumes its course. But what is certain is that we made the most of it! We often eat outside, and not just healthy things. We gave up our sports activity and therefore put on a few pounds…
But returning from vacation is used to get back in hand! We have to get our body used to good habits again, but gently and in a targeted manner. I have put at your disposal 3 recipes to jumpstart your metabolism quickly
Without further ado, let’s discover the 6 steps to put in place after returning from vacation.
Step one: get used to drinking hot water in the morning
What are the benefits of drinking hot water in the morning?
This promotes weight loss since the hot drink stimulates the metabolism.
The changing temperature, a hot drink relieves the discomfort due to cough, sore throat or cold.
But above all, hot water mixed with lemon is a real detoxifier for our body.
But also, it helps digestion (since the drink stimulates the liver), it stimulates the immune system (lemon provides anti-inflammatory effects), it cleans your skin thanks to the vitamin C and finally lemon helps reduce appetite!
So it’s a habit to take every morning!
Second step: take 10 minutes for yourself each morning
After returning from vacation, short nights and getting back to work, you can quickly be overwhelmed! So that’s why we have to make time for the evening.
Why do this in the morning? Simply to start the day on the right foot and be motivated to resume the “Metro, Work, Dodo” rhythm!
Taking time for yourself, even if it’s just 10 short minutes, allows you to be in a good mood to face the inconveniences of the day.
You can for example:
- Do 10 minutes of meditation: you take the time to breathe deeply, clear your mind and be totally at ease. You can do it in the deepest silence, or there is a bunch of music or explainer videos on Youtube!
- Doing yoga: it allows you to relax your body and mind while making a physical effort. Yoga in particular helps reduce stress, increases your flexibility and concentration, and finally it allows you to work on your breathing.
- Practice short workouts: the goal is to stimulate your heart and mind at the same time.
Step three: write down your back-to-school goals
Back to school is like New Years’ time: we make good resolutions and set new goals. There is nothing better for improving yourself! Take a sheet of paper, a pen and write down what is on your mind, in all areas of your life!
- On a professional level: this can be for example increasing your monthly objectives, being more rigorous and organizing, managing your team differently, switch off your work phone when you get home or start telecommuting …
- On a personal level: take care of yourself, organize a night out with girlfriends once a month, spend more time with parents / children, reorganize your home or even redo the decoration of its kitchen.
- In terms of health: do more sport, stop sugar or chocolate, do 10 minutes of Yoga every morning or go for a run every Sunday morning.
And many more goals!
Fourth step: resume a natural diet
After the summer period, you have to get your body used to eating healthy again!
If you’ve been overindulging in the pleasures of summer, go for a ketogenic diet.
This means reducing carbohydrates as much as possible and focusing on fats. Find the article right here about it.
- Choose foods rich in vitamins and potassium such as chocolate, avocado or even bananas.
- To eradicate the excesses of this summer, don’t skimp on foods rich in antioxidants like spinach, berries, cabbage, kiwi and others …
Also, anticipate the approaching fall period by taking a vitamin cure and eating healthy!
Step five: improve your thoughts
You should know that your thoughts are reflected in your mood as you think. They should therefore not be taken systematically in the first degree. So you have to understand what your true thoughts are unlike those generated by your moods.
To improve your thinking, use affirmations. Wake up in the morning saying out loud, “Today I’m productive! “And your thoughts will be only positive!
The sixth step (and the most sporty): resume a quick activity such as HIIT
First of all, what is HIIT?
High-Intensity-Interval-Training (HIIT) is a workout that features both high intensity exercises and payback periods. We can also assimilate this to “interval” training.
This notably allows you to have much shorter but equally effective workouts, but also to improve your workout more quickly through a HIIT training program.
When returning from vacation, HIIT should be preferred since it allows you to find your rhythm much faster!
And you? What are your tips for getting back in shape after the holidays?
See you soon!